Daniel Blaugher is a Policy Analyst on the Economics and Trade team at the Commission. He most recently worked as a graduate research assistant at the University of California, San Diego’s School of Global Policy and Strategy. Prior to that, he also worked as a research assistant at Peking University HSBC Business School and as a project assistant on the Bank of England’s Decision Maker Panel. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Politics and Economics from the University of Nottingham, and he graduated from the School of Global Policy and Strategy at the University of California, San Diego with a Master’s in international affairs in 2021. He is proficient in Mandarin Chinese.
Areas of Interest and Expertise
- China’s financial system and U.S.-China financial connectivity
- Chinese companies listed on U.S. exchanges
- U.S.-China bilateral trade
- Activities of U.S. multinational companies
- China’s education system (supported 2023 hearing)
- China’s labor market