Thursday, June 14, 2012Room 562 Dirksen Senate Office Building,
Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Click here to view a recording of the hearing video.
Co-chairs: Commissioners William Reinsch and Dan Slane
8:45am – 8:50am Opening Remarks
8:50am – 10:20am Panel I: Trade Flows and the Evolving Bilateral Trade Balance
- Judith Dean, Professor of International Economics, Brandeis University [Testimony]
- Shang-Jin Wei, N.T. Wang Professor of Chinese Business and Economy, Columbia University [Testimony]
- Yingying Xu, Ph.D., Economist and Council Director, Manufacturers Alliance for Productivity and Innovation (MAPI) [Testimony]
10:30am – 12:00pm Panel II: Trade Enforcement Challenges
- Michael McCarthy, Chief Legal Counsel, Infinera Corporation [Testimony]
- James Fellowes, Chairman and CEO, Fellowes Inc. [Testimony]
- Ahmed Siddiqui, Founder of Go Go Mongo [Testimony]
12:00pm – 1:00pm LUNCH
1:00pm – 2:30pm Panel III: Bilateral Investment Issues