Hearing on "China's Pursuit of Next Frontier Tech: Computing, Robotics, and Biotechnology"
Thursday, March 16, 2017
Dirksen Senate Office Building, Room 419
Unable to see this video? Click here.
9:30 AM – 9:35 AM Opening Remarks: Commissioner Daniel M. Slane and Commissioner Katherine C. Tobin, Ph.D.
9:35 AM – 11:05 AM Panel I: Computing
· Addison Snell, Chief Executive Officer, Intersect360 (Testimony)
· Mark Brinda, Partner, Bain and Company (Testimony)
· John Costello, Senior Analyst for Cyber and East Asia, Flashpoint (Testimony)
11:05 AM – 11:15 AM Break
11:15 AM – 12:45 PM Panel II: Industrial and Military Robotics
· Henrik I. Christensen, Professor of Computer Science, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of California, San Diego (Testimony)
· Jonathan Ray, Associate Deputy Director, Defense Group, Inc. (Testimony)
· Patrick John Sinko, Associate Vice President for Research and Distinguished Professor of Pharmaceutics and Drug Delivery, Rutgers University (Testimony)
12:45 PM – 1:45 PM Lunch Break
1:45 PM – 3:15 PM Panel III: Biotechnology
· Ben Shobert, Founder and Managing Director, Rubicon Strategy Group and Senior Associate for International Health, National Bureau of Asian Research (Testimony)
· Kenneth A. Oye, Professor of Political Science and Director, Program on Emerging Technologies, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Testimony)
· Edward H. You, Supervisory Special Agent, Biological Countermeasures Unit, Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate, Federal Bureau of Investigation (Testimony)
3:15 PM – 3:20 PM Closing Remarks
3:20 PM Adjourn