Hearing on "The Chinese View of Strategic Competition with the United States"
Wednesday, June 24, 2020
Unable to see this video? Click here.
10:00 AM – 10:10 AM: Opening Remarks: Commissioner Roy Kamphausen and Commissioner Kenneth Lewis
10:10 AM – 11:40 AM: Panel I: China's Approach to Strategic Competition
- Barry Naughton, So Kwanlok Chair of Chinese International Affairs, School of Global Policy and Strategy, University of California San Diego [Testimony]
- David Finkelstein, Vice President and Director, China and Indo-Pacific Security Affairs Division, CNA [Testimony]
- John Pomfret, Author and former Beijing Bureau Chief, Washington Post [Testimony]
11:40 AM – 11:50 AM: Break
11:50 AM – 1:20 PM: Panel II: U.S.-China Competition and Cooperation on the World Stage
- Kristine Lee, Associate Fellow, Center for a New American Security [Testimony]
- Satu Limaye, Vice President, East West Center [Testimony]
- R. Evan Ellis, Research Professor of Latin American Studies, Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College [Testimony]
1:20 PM – 2:05 PM: Lunch Break
2:05 PM – 3:35 PM: Panel III: Future Prospects for Strategic Competition: Toward a Cold War, Hot War, or Cold Peace?
- Janka Oertel, Director, Asia Programme, European Council on Foreign Relations [Testimony]
- Alison Kaufman, Principal Research Scientist, CNA [Testimony]
- Michèle Flournoy, Co-Founder of WestExec Advisors and former Under Secretary of Defense for Policy [Testimony]
3:35 PM – 3:40 PM: Closing Remarks
3:40 PM: Adjourn