Hearing on "China's Current Economy: Implications for Investors and Supply Chains"
Monday, August 21, 2023
Dirksen Senate Office Building, Room 430, and Webex
Unable to see this video? Click here.
9:30 AM – 9:40 AM: Co-Chairs' Opening Remarks
9:40 AM – 11:10 AM: Panel I: China’s Domestic Financial Situation
- Logan Wright, Partner and Director of China Markets Research, Rhodium Group [Testimony]
- Nicholas Borst, Vice President, Director of China Research, Seafarer Capital Partners [Testimony]
- Zongyuan Zoe Liu, Maurice R. Greenberg Fellow for China Studies, Council on Foreign Relations [Testimony]
11:10 AM – 11:20 AM: Break
11:20 AM – 12:35 PM: Panel II: U.S.-China Trade and Supply Chains
- Christopher Gopal, Former Executive; Global Supply Chain Consultant; Author, Breakthrough Supply Chains [Testimony]
- Ilaria Mazzocco, Senior Fellow with the Trustee Chair in Chinese Business and Economics, Center for Strategic and International Studies [Testimony]
12:35 PM – 12:40 PM: Closing Remarks
12:40 PM: Adjourn