Thursday, May 9, 2013
The U.S. Capitol, Room H-309.
Visitors should enter through the Capitol's southern entrance for visitors. Photo ID is required to enter the Capitol.
Hearing Co-Chairs: Commissioners Carolyn Bartholomew and Larry Wortzel
9:00a – 9:15a: Opening Remarks
9:15a – 10:45a: Panel I: Patterns of Investment in the United States
- Mr. Thilo Hanemann, Research Director, Rhodium Group (Testimony)
- Dr. Derek Scissors, Senior Research Fellow, The Heritage Foundation (Testimony)
- Mr. Andrew Szamosszegi, Principal, Capital Trade, Inc. (Testimony)
10:45a – 11:00a: Break
11:00a – 12:30p: Panel II: Issues for Policymakers
- Ms. Elizabeth J. Drake, Partner, Stewart & Stewart (Testimony)
- Mr. Mark E. Plotkin, Partner, Covington & Burling LLP (Testimony)
- Mr. Dean G. Popps, former Acting Assistant Secretary of the Army, Acquisition, Logistics and Technology (Testimony)